Whole Vehicle Thermal Engineer
Whole Vehicle Thermal Engineer - EV - South UK (not SE) - to £40K
I am seeking a CFD Thermal Simulation Engineer to work for a bluechip automotive RandD centre on a permanent basis. The role is an excellent opportunity for a CFD engineer seeking to develop a career in one of the world's top brands, to grow knowledge and apply current skill set. More information will be provided at shortlist stage, but if you are open to relocation within the UK and are seeking a genuine career development opportunity, then this is a role you should consider. You will be working on an Electric vehicle, be involved in the full range of thermal analysis, test and development activities required to assess the impact and interactions of the key thermal management areas of a vehicle from early product concept stage.
What You Will Do:
- Support design and development with numerical approaches, model analysis and testing of whole vehicle interactions of the thermal solution.
- Provide design advice and guidance to Design Managers and Engineers, taking on a role of responsibility for the assigned area from early concept stage.
- Generate innovative concepts for new technologies using analytical techniques.
- Conduct detailed testing and theoretical analysis of concepts to increase understanding and insight within the team.
What You Will Need:
- 2i or higher Degree
- Minimum 1 year equivalent in a CFD thermal simulation environment (any industry)
- Be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and be flexible on location
- Demonstrate first principle knowledge of CFD, fluid flow, thermodynamics
- Proven experience on 1D or 3D modelling software eg FLUENT, STAR CCM or similar
What You Will Get:
- A permanent position at a top UK employer
- A career development opportunity
- A chance to implement your own ideas
- Excellent fringe benefits - restaurant, parking, discounts etc
Please apply with current CV and details of your availability and present salary. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further details AND will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement. However should you wish to discuss your application beforehand please contact or
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.