An international, extremely niche digital technology recruitment firm is looking for a Finance Controller, with the potential to be a future CFO, to join them and have complete autonomy over the Finance and Operations functions within the business, whilst taking an active role in aiding the company to make key business decisions.
- Founded in 2014 by two incredibly impressive, commercially-astute, recruitment leaders. Both of which have previously, very successfully, ran a multi-million pound recruitment business.
- Established as a successful scale-up, with over twenty employees established across two different offices in London and the US.
- The business has a mature, ambitious, and switched-on environment as they hire experienced, skilled consultants.
- The founders are ensuring that the company is being grown in an intelligent, ambitious yet sensible way. This growth will be completed through a sustainable structured plan, without compromising on the bespoke charm of the social environment.
- The chosen candidate for this position will be integral in the growth of the business, through prior experience and vivid enthusiasm for business innovation.
- This is a varied, hands-on and challenging role. The individual will be developed by the senior management team with the aim of becoming the Finance Director of the future.
- You will have the opportunity to potentially to visit their US office and have a significant impact there.
- When interviewing you, they will not be interviewing for a "Financial Controller", they will be interviewing for someone who demonstrated future CFO leadership potential.
- You will report directly into the CEO.
- Preparation of the monthly accounts, P/L’s, all balance sheet reconciliation reported in a presentable way for the board members.
- Taking control of some of the finance responsibilities for the US office: generating invoices, credit control and ensuring that US payroll is completed.
- Manage the purchase ledgers for both offices.
- Collate cash-flow forecasts with reports based upon these.
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register and depreciation policies.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Produce a quarterly HMRC report.
- Key operational duties:
- Take control of the contracts function within the business.
- Setting and creating of KPI’s to encourage growth.
- Support the founders of the business in any key operational decisions and projects.
- A strong work ethic, which is driven to work to targets.
- Strong communication skills.
- A strong understanding of accounting software and Excel.
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA or PQ.
- A previous dealing with contractor payroll will be essential.