Inventory Planner - Up to £32,000
Our client based in North Bristol are currently recruiting for an experienced inventory planner to manage the supply for a specific range of products, developing supplier relationships, communicating the supply status and working to financial and SKU targets. The ideal candidate will have experience within a supply planner or production planning role.
Responsibilities of the inventory planner will include:
- See the supply for an assigned group of products from starting to finish: monitor that supply at least weekly, placing POs/WOs and/or monitoring production plans from supplier versus required supply. Adjust as necessary to ensure timely and appropriate delivery of stock, obtaining necessary approval should plan changes result in cost increases.
- Work closely with Demand Planning (and others as required) to fully understand the demand for the range of products, including new launches, promotions and retirements.
- Understand the supply chain of the assigned products to a high level, so that options to expedite/delay/reduce/increase supply can be taken to maintain high levels of stock availability. - Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal/external suppliers, while monitoring them and holding them accountable for supply issues/delays. Work with purchasing/logistics/manufacturing as necessary on supply chain changes.
- Maintain stock levels for the group of products to overall targets (working capital, weeks cover, turns as defined by supply chain leadership team), while balancing individual SKU stock cover levels to match business requirements.
- Ensure SKU availability at location level is maintained to required levels, as defined by planning management. Work closely with Stock Deployment and Logistics to resolve any location level issues.
- Provide reporting on supply status, indicating reasons for issues, actions and dates of resolution. Timely escalation of this to management in times of supply/demand imbalance. At times of new launches or stock allocations fully support these processes with clear reports of stock availability and due dates.
- Report on KPIs as defined by management, but likely to include weekly measures for stock vs target, SKU availability, Excess/obsolete stock, supplier delivery performance, etc.
- Ensure systems are kept clean, e.g. updating and maintaining POs to reality of deliveries in a timely manner, chasing others to keep SOs and stocks correct in all systems. Maintain reporting as necessary to monitor this.
- Understand what is excess or obsolete stock within the assigned product ranges. Ensure this is being reported to the necessary people, and that actions are taken to reduce this stock in a timely manner.
This is a permanent role working 37.5 hours per week, paying up to £32,000. Due to office location and poor transport links; own transport is essential and free parking is available onsite.
Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities