A building materials business based in Burnley are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their growing team for an exciting opportunity.
Accounts Assistant role and responsibilities:
- Enter and code financial transactions appropriately.
- Process payments as well as documents like overheads invoices, expense claims.
- Reconciling Purchase Ledger Statements.
- Issue manual invoices.
- Follow up stock returns, supplier claims and chasing Credit Notes.
- Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees.
- Chasing branches for weekly timesheets.
- Cash counting and preparing pay-in slips.
- Updating spreadsheets for daily cash received from various branches.
- Daily cash reconciliation.
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Answering phone calls.
- Covering holidays and ad-hoc work.
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum AAT level 2 qualified preferred but not essential
- Experience of working in a similar accounts assistant role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics desirable but not essential.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please apply online or contact Alex Parr at Robert Walters on