General Ledger Accountant French Speaking
Global FMCG business require a French speaking, part qualified accountant to join their European SSC
Your new company
Within a Shared Services Centre (SSC) the team is responsible for the EMEA legal entities including UK, France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Spain and Sweden: Working with the Operational Controllership team, local affiliate Finance & Controllership teams, the International Tax group and Outsourcing partners, you will be responsible to make sure allocated legal entities are provided with appropriate controllership support, and that all USGAAP, local statutory, legal, and fiscal obligations for each of the businesses are achieved. Ensuring that all relevant controllership reporting requirements from European/Regional management and Corporate HQ are met.
Your new role
- Financial Accounting and Reporting - For the EMEA legal entities with allocated responsibility, assist with the provision of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, working capital & legal forecasts, statutory accounts and Management reporting on a local GAAP & US GAAP basis, according to group policies and timetables.
- Internal Controls - Ensure that internal controls are robust to enable timely detection of fraud and errors, and to mitigate the risk of fraud and errors being committed, thereby ensuring the integrity and timeliness of Financial Accounting information and in safeguarding the company assets.
- Compliance - Ensure that all supported legal entities comply with all external (Statutes, law, fiscal, Local GAAP, US GAAP, SOX) and internal (Corporate policies) requirements.
- Balance Sheet Management - Assist in ensuring that adequate processes, controls and reports are in place to enable the business to manage Controllable Working Capital (Receivables, Deflator Accruals, and Other Accruals). Ensure that all balance sheets accurately reflect each legal entities assets and liabilities, and that all such balances can be properly supported.
- Processes and Systems - Assist in the review and development of existing systems, tools and processes to ensure; Internal Controls are effective, the integrity of financial information, and that services provided to the business are efficient and cost effective.
- Audit, Statutory and Taxation - Assist in the management of the Annual Audit process (Internal and External) to ensure efficient and timely completion and timely filing of all statutory reporting obligations, Returns and Taxation/VAT/Intrastat submissions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Part Qualified Chartered / Certified Public Accountant (or local equivalent), or extensive relevant experience.
- Have a good level of experience in an accounting role with a Controllership focus
- A good level of English language skills, both orally and in writing.
- A good level of numeracy and experience performing quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Additional European languages (French)
- Solid accounting and bookkeeping knowledge
- Good computer literacy essential together with a good working knowledge of both SAP and Excel
- Organised, structured, logical, and systematic in their approach
- Focused on delivering to internal and external deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills to establish excellent working relationship with a wide variety of people at all levels.
- Flexible and adaptable to change in accordance with business needs
- Good team player, comfortable working as part of a matrix environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.