Field Quality Engineer
KBR is a global technology, engineering, procurement and construction company serving the government and hydrocarbons industries. Our Government Services group focuses on long-term relationships with governments and public agencies in Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Australia and the United States and uses its global presence to deliver value-added, integrated services anywhere, anytime.
Our focus in the EMEA region, headquartered from the UK, is on defence, policing and home affairs as well as the nuclear industry. We are respected as world leaders in programme management, engineering, procurement, construction and logistics.
KBR Government Services are looking to hire a Field Quality Engineer who will be required to work directly with suppliers to satisfy KBR’s quality standards and strategy in the manufacture of aerospace and engine components. As a Field Quality representative, you will be required to interact with all levels of supplier management. Organisationally, you will report directly to the Operations Manager. You will be expected to travel in support of a variety of supplier oversight functions, spending a majority of your time at supplier facilities.
As KBR's point of contact within the supply base in direct support of OEM site requirements, you will:
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate implementation of advanced quality processes including statistically based variation reduction, control planning, mistake proofing, and Manufacturing Process Control
- Evaluate prospective supplier Quality Systems and conduct Gap Analysis where required
- Evaluate procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements (including international regulation coordination issues)
- Prepare and present metrics associated with quality trends and related improvements within the supply base. Prepare progress reports, program reviews as needed, to assure the highest quality and cost effectiveness from the suppliers
- Train associates, suppliers, and contract personnel in Six Sigma techniques, Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, etc.
You will be responsible for quality assurance processes including, but not limited to, First Article Inspection Requirements (FAIR), Self-Release and product audits, as well as coordination of Quality System (AS 9100) compliance audits and special process oversight. In addition, you will be responsible for training and deployment of Manufacturing Process Control, variation reduction, quality requirement compliance, Six Sigma, and other KBR sponsored supplier initiatives.
- Degree in a technical discipline (i.e., engineering, computer science, quality assurance) with extensive Quality Engineering experience. In lieu of degree candidate must have extensive progressive experience in Quality Engineering.
- Strong understanding of Quality engineering practices applicable to the manufacture of Aerospace products including customer and industry standards
- Must be, at a minimum, trained in Six Sigma techniques
- Proficient in using common software (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, etc.)
- Must be able to interpret purchase orders, Aerospace engineering drawings, and industrial specifications and understand the correlation between each when appropriate
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starting, self-directed individual
- Demonstrated technical knowledge, strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Experience using specific software/management tools including ECATs, PDM, One Source, SAP, etc.
- Understanding of basic international trade compliance and regulatory issues
- Familiarity with Quality Systems (e.g., AS9100, ISO 9001, etc.), Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Process Control, Six Sigma, and Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA).