8 million pound Turnover
About the Role
The Finance Manager will assist and supervise the finance department, prepare weekly forecasts, review EOM journals, reports, and reconciliations.
- Supervision and management of accounts staff to ensure that the functions of accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and purchasing are accurately and efficiently operated.
- Ensure all accounts receivable are collected and reconciled on a timely basis.
- Conduct periodic audits of departments.
- Responsible for supervising that staff carry out the storage and micro-filming of company records including accounting records.
- Monitor and analyze operating profitability of the hotel and make recommendations as required.
- Prepare weekly forecasts in accordance with reporting deadlines.
- Review month end balance sheet reconciliations and follow up all reconciling items in a timely manner
- Review and assist the stores and purchasing department’s goals, cost controlling, and objectives.
- Assist in preparation of annual Budget and monitor and report on progress, including action plans required to meet budget.
- Liaison with external auditors and with preparation of financial information for income tax return.
- Support team members and ensure that training and development opportunities are provided to team.
- Undertake sufficient training workshops to maintain professional qualifications.
- Maintain credit approval of accounts.
- To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
- To assist in the training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency and in the most productive manner.
- To ensure that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manuals.
- To ensure that the Department's operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are controlled and expenditure approved.
- To respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel operation.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be driven to perform high with output combined with an eye for detail
- Have self-initiative and independent judgment
- Excellent Communication skills
- Analytical Skills