Contract: April 2017 - September 2017
Kaplan International English, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 41 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.
KIE Liverpool opened its doors in 2014 adding to the well-established portfolio of 11 KIE centres in the UK & Ireland. Centrally located, just minutes away from Moorfields station, the school facilities are modern and vibrant, providing a premium environment in which to work and to study.
We are now recruiting an Accommodation Assistant to provide top quality accommodation options and services to overseas students studying at KIE. Working as part of the customer services team at the school, you will support the Accommodation Manager (AM) in delivering top quality accommodation options and welfare services to overseas students.
Your main responsibilities:
- To have a good working knowledge of the AM’s weekly task list and to assist with covering the Accommodation Department in his/her absence
- To assist the AM in developing the provision of quality homestay and residential accommodation
- To assist the AM with placing students into suitable accommodation and confirming such placements to students, agents and homestay/residence providers
- To ensure students arrival into the UK/IRE runs smoothly - to assist in organising the taxi transfers services and all other such services provided by the school e.g. coach transfers, etc.; to meet regularly with suppliers and ensure quality levels are being met
- To deal with student queries and complaints efficiently and effectively
- To assist the AM with the weekly homestay provider payment run.
- To assist the AM with seeking out new accommodation and to plan ahead for anticipated numbers and requirements; to investigate and explore accommodation alternatives and to work closely with the AM in the development of the accommodation service
- To be fully conversant with ISI, British Council, English UK and company requirements re accommodation and welfare provision and to ensure that they are met
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job, which may change depending on the needs of the business.
To be successful in the role you’ll have:
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to deal with and resolve a high volume of queries
- Strong attention to detail and high level of data accuracy
- Excellent organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to find and present solutions to achieve customer satisfaction
- Solid IT skills and ability to navigate a student database system
- Ability to demonstrate international and cultural sensitivities
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member of a team
- University degree (desirable)
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment (desirable)
- Experience of problem solving and managing conflicts (desirable)
Application method and closing date:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role, via our online form.
Closing date: 14th April 2017