Front End Developer
This is to join a broadcasting media agency based in Cambridge. The company offer applications in sports, news and reality TV. The company’s software is used globally by blue chip companies to help streamline the digital media production processes; this helps teams around the globe to work liaise on creative works to educate, inform and entertain. The company have a massive client including Sony Pictures, CNN, The Oscars and Home Depot amongst others.
All solutions are used for acquisition through to catalogue, archive and edit of rich content for live highlights through to library footage; exploiting camera originals, archive materials and metadata to produce compelling content across all digital platforms.
Due to growth, they are now hiring a Front End Developer (Web Applications) to join the development team on a permanent basis. This is a key position in the business and you will have a responsibility for the creation and maintenance of our browser-based products.
Working in the team you’ll be required to product development from conception through design, code implementation, test, delivery, and support. Also, developing a wide range of new leading-edge products for the media industry.
You will be:
- Working closely with product owners, designers and implement responsive professional user interfaces
- Maintain, test and improve existing product
- Working with QA/ to define test plans and solve any deficiencies in products
Work as part of an Agile Scrum team in development sprints.
Maintain a good awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Skilled in developing responsive web applications. Beneficial:
- Experience of media centric web applications.
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Experience using MVC or other design patterns.
- Experience of GIT or other version control systems.