Castle are looking for a Quantity Surveyor for an established Engineering business based on the outskirts of Malton. The Quantity Surveyor will work as part of a small team in the Contracts department of the business. Working closely with senior members of the team, you will assist with the Quantity Surveying function on a variety of projects.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of technical estimates.
- Preparation and agreement of monthly valuations.
- Identifying and preparing claims for variations.
- Evaluation of hours allowed at tender stage and reconciliation of hours worked within fabrication process.
- Preparation of final account submissions for agreement.
- Completion of monthly cost/value reports including analysis of various elements of work.
- Administration of sub-contractors accounts.
- Authorisation of payments to sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Degree level qualification or similar.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Experience in commercial management of sub-contractors, valuations and final account negotiations.
- Able to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors.
- Have excellent communication - both oral and written, numeric and computer skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to form and develop relationships with client PQS, Design Team and Supply Chain.
- Commercial skills, maximising value recovery, cost control and cash management.
- Good interpersonal skills- ability to work effectively with site management and the rest of the team.
- Ability to use/understand financial reports and final accounts.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work to own initiative.
- Able to quickly build strong working relationships with people at all levels
- The role is located on the outskirts of Malton, so is easily accessible from Scarborough, Malton, York, Leeds, Beverley, Driffield and Hull
- The client is offering a highly competitive salary, based on experience
For more information please call Sam Colling on or email