Clinical Specialist - Occupational Therapy Neurological
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016'.
We are excited to offer an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Specialist to join our Occupational Therapy department based at The Wellington Hospital in London (NW8 9LE).
The Occupational Therapy department is a highly valued specialist clinical support service operating across the hospital, providing inpatient services to the Neurological Rehabilitation unit, as well as to acute adult patients across the hospital, including the Intensive Care Units.
As a Clinical Specialist, you will provide high quality Occupational Therapy services to patients in outpatient and inpatient (Rehabilitation / Acute) settings.
* This is a full time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week.
* Work Pattern: 9am - 5:15pm (Monday to Friday)
* Salary: £43,801 - £49,901 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package.
* Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, pension scheme, private medical care cover and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
* You will act as specialist clinician and work closely with the Lead Therapist and Clinical Service Manager to establish and promote the delivery of high quality treatment, including implementing quality initiatives and quality assurance methods.
* Support the Lead Therapist and aid in the development of staff by identifying individual training needs in order to ensure that high levels of professional and clinical skills are maintained.
* Supervise treatment by less experienced (Band 6 / 7) Therapists within the department.
* Develop professional and clinical links with consultants in particular in neurology.
* Using expert clinical reasoning to provide specialist intervention, support and advice regarding safety, clinical governance, and the strategic direction of the service.
Skills & Experience
* HCPC Registered.
* Highly specialist experience in neurology field including stroke and head injury management.
* Experience working within inpatient and outpatient settings.
* Professional undergraduate and post-graduate qualification in Occupational Therapy.
* Evidence of training and supporting less experienced Band 6 / 7 therapists.
* Excellent communication skills who is forward thinking in your approach in order to deliver improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and circa 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
If you would like to find out more then please feel free to contact me on or via email at for an informal discussion.