Commissioning Engineer (London)
Position: Commissioning Engineer
Location: London (Predominantly within the M25) / Home Counties
Salary: Up to £37,000 (depending on experience), company vehicle + benefits
Our clients are seeking a self-driven and highly motivated Commissioning Engineer, who will mainly be based in the South of England, to join their forward thinking, successful company based in West London.
Our clients design, manufacture, distribute and support a wide range of lighting control products for both UK and international markets. Their reputation is based on innovative designs and quality products. They are looking to strengthen the management of their Technical Services department, which provides commissioning, and maintenance services, troubleshooting, technical drawing services and telephone support, with a typical client being an electrical contractor or M&E consultant.
- As a Commissioning Engineer you will be mainly site based
- Based mainly in London, South / SE of England, but should be willing to travel nationally and internationally when required
- Commissioning and on-site client demonstration of all their products.
- Partner to the external sales team and customers.
- Modification of AutoCAD drawings and coding schedules.
- Assisting in-house project engineer in preparation of O&M manual.
- Reporting of on-site issues, probable causes and potential solutions.
- Providing on-site maintenance contract support, covering both scheduled and emergency call-out visits.
- Carrying out equipment take-offs from customer drawings, and assisting with design quotations for the sales team.
The ideal candidate:
- Will have at least 2 - 3 years’ experience as a Commissioning Engineer.
- Has an electrical/engineering qualification (or equivalent).
- Has a background in the electrical industry, preferably in electrical contracting / controls commissioning, although a mechanical / service background for an OEM would also be considered.
- Will have project management and general self-management skills.
- Has a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Will possess excellent diplomacy and communication skills, as well as a strong ability to work well within teams.
- Will be very proactive and driven.
- Must be willing to travel to site and work out of hours/weekends as and when needed.
- Full UK driving license
To apply please send an up to date CV in the strictest confidence to Nicholas Elkin at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.