Financial Accountant - Media - £45,000 - £55,000
A vacancy has arisen for a financial accountant to join a large publishing company based in the City of London.
- Processing and production of financial information to a high degree of accuracy on a timely basis
- Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts
- Recommend and implement presentation and process improvements following a general ledger system implementation to PeopleSoft;
- Assisting with the reconciliation of capital reporting and co-ordinating capex reporting for the group;
- Preparation of group cashflow reporting to Time Inc. for budget and forecasts;
- Co-ordination of quarterly consolidation package reporting to Time Inc;
- Ensuring finance compliance and control practices are adhered to;
- Preparation and posting of journal entries into PeopleSoft general ledger
- Reconciliation and agreement of intercompany accounts;
- Completion of other compliance returns such as government statistics;
- Ability to manage other ad hoc duties and projects as required.
You will be a qualified accountant with three or more years relevant accounting experience gained within a medium to large organisation. Advanced Excel spreadsheet knowledge and experience is essential. You will be able to demonstrate an ability to be flexible and successfully work in a fast changing environment with consistently performing accurate, numerate information.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a changing and growing Media company and really make a name for yourself. High performance is rewarded and due to the size an growth of the company internal rotation opportunities are available.