Purchase Ledger Clerk
Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Clerk based in Basildon. This role will be responsible for the processing of supplier invoices into the Purchase Ledger ensuring full accuracy is maintained ready for payment on due date.
Typical Duties Include:
- Preparation of supplier invoices, ensuring all are correctly coded and VAT is maintained
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and responding to queries raised by supplier invoices
- Making payments to suppliers and approving payments in line with company policy
- Maintaining aged credit reports and escalating overdue items as necessary
- Preparation of accruals and assisting with month-end close
- Supporting Purchase Ledger team with the timely processing of high volume invoices
- Supporting in ad-hoc project works as required
The ideal candidate will be AAT Qualified or studying towards completion with aspirations to study further. You must have previous experience of working in a high volume invoicing position with the ability to work well under pressure whilst supplying the highest level of customer service in order to resolve supplier queries.
Rutherford Briant are the Leading Quality Driven Accountancy & HR Specialists in East Anglia.