At DDD are here to help people be at their best, in a way we can be proud of.
We are always looking for new and innovative ways of working as such we are looking for new people to join us, people who share the values that drive us every day; Integrity, Challenge, Support, Excellence and Bravery.
A brilliant opportunity has come up for an experienced Packaging Buyer to join our Supply Chain Department; reporting into the Procurement Manager the Buyer will be responsible for developing and implementing a sourcing strategy. You will also undertake supplier management, including the integration of supplier innovation elements into the organisations current process. This is a key role, supporting the Buying team, helping us to maximise our ability to supply products efficiently.
- Develop the sourcing strategy for all sectors of packaging defining; the current suppliers, desired future state and the design and implementation of a strategy to reduce cost, supplier numbers and lead time whilst improving the overall service.
- Monitor supplier performance by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications; maintaining appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that suppliers are aware of their performance, reporting on KPI's on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain strong supplier relationships.
- communicate timely and effectively forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams in the selection of suppliers in the product development cycle.
- Lead supplier review program for the top suppliers with the support of the supply chain, Quality, and production management.
- Support supplier negotiation bid process/analysis to ensure: cost, quality and delivery of expectations.
- Oversee inventory delivery and accuracy.
- Manage issues that may arise with delivery, quality and pricing in a timely and effective fashion.
What you need to succeed:
- 1-2 years of experience within a Packaging Buying/Purchasing role
- International/Matrix environment experience
- High level of attention to detail
- Strategic vision, you'll be able to translate this into operational projects
- Experience in a high growth environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
What we offer in return:
- An amazing working environment and culture that focuses on high challenge high support
- A competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Access to the DDD Limited discount hub
- Personal growth allowance