Head of Legal Collections in Bromley, Greater London
A company based in Bromley, Greater London and Kilmarnock, Ayrshire are looking for a locum or permanent lawyer to join them at either location as Head of Legal Collections. The company are one of the largest consumer debt buyers in the USA and UK.
You will need to have worked in or for the debt recovery industry, whether in private practice or in house, and have experience of managing a legal and collections team, along with strong knowledge of civil litigation procedures including Pre-Action Protocols, and good knowledge of rules and regulations relating to the Collections industry, particularly FCA regulations.
Salary levels and/or hourly rates will be very competitive on this role. On the permanent side the salary will in the £70-80k range, negotiable.
Start date is as soon as you are able.
If you are interested please let us know.
Management and Operational Responsibilities:
• Responsibility for the department meeting targets/budget
• Ensuring all internal and external processing volumes & deadlines are managed and achieved
• Day to day management of the team including training, mentoring, recruitment and regular 121’s as necessary
• Assisting Litigation Officers where needed on their disputed and exhausted cases
• Pro-actively manage defended or complex cases in order to resolve disputes, mitigate costs and protect the reputation of the firm.
• Owning the relationship with third party legal partners including the instruction and performance management of external solicitors
• Reviewing highly disputed cases and assessing which member of the legal team (including yourself) would be best to deal with it
• Reviewing non-moving cases within the business and suggesting and implementing strategies to increase revenue/collections from them
The successful candidate must possess a proven track record of building and managing a legal team and managing their own workload of cases. Past or current experience should be preferably in the debt recovery sector, but if not, in a finance or similar industry and must fulfil the following criteria:-
• Experience of delivering results in a high volume, high quality consumer litigation environment
• Solicitor/CILEx with five years PQE of pre-issue civil litigation work
• Extensive knowledge of civil litigation procedures including the various Pre-Action Protocols
• Detailed knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to the collection industry including the FCA
• Experience in Debt Sale portfolio due diligence would be beneficial but not essential
If you are interested please let us know. The company are happy to consider both locum and permanent candidates - they had a new head starting in a month but they have pulled out hence the vacancy.