Project Manager - Lighting Controls (London)
Job Title: Project Manager - Lighting Controls
Location: London - Predominantly within M25 and Home counties
Salary: Up to £48,000 plus Benefits
Our clients design, manufacture, distribute and support a wide range of lighting and lighting control products for both UK and international markets. Their reputation is based on innovative designs and quality products.
They are looking to strengthen the management of their Technical Services department, which provides commissioning, and maintenance services, troubleshooting, technical drawing services and telephone support, with a typical client being an electrical contractor or M&E consultant.
As a Lighting Controls Project Manager, your objective is to ensure that the customer has a smoothly delivered projects experience. You will be required to work cross-functionally as a business partner between the external client, the Special Projects Sales team and the Technical Services team.
Principle responsibilities of the Lighting Controls Project Manager:
- Retrieve project information (drawings, lighting controls specification, commissioning schedule etc.) from sales team or customer
- Assist with the creation of lighting controls specification if not supplied (e.g. D&B related projects).
- Liaise with the CAD team for creation, updates and "As fit" distribution of project specific drawings.
- Schedule and track project timelines, alongside the Technical Services Office and Projects Manager to ensure on-time delivery.
- Proactively manage and document any changes in project scope, identifying potential issues and devising contingency plans.
- Assist project engineers with technical backup, including on-site handover demonstrations.
- Maintain project information in accordance with ISO9001 quality standard and company procedures.
- Liaise with clients on post-completion regarding ongoing maintenance proposals.
The ideal candidate:
- On-site project management experience is essential.
- Qualifications in CSCS, Asbestos awareness and DBS accreditation are required as a minimum.
- Has a proven track record of working cross-functionally and the ability to liaise with all levels.
- Must be willing and able to bring about constructive change.
- Has a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be conscientious, have good judgement and work to high standards of quality and integrity.
- Will be self-motivated, proactive and driven, with excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and have experience using Microsoft office (or equivalent). Experience using AutoCAD would be an advantage.
- Must be willing to travel to site and work out of hours/weekends as and when needed.
- Must have a full, valid UK Driving licence
- A background in the electrical industry is desirable, preferably in electrical contracting, although a service background for an OEM would also be considered.
- IPAF and PASMA accreditation would be an advantage, but not essential for the role.
- Experience with electrical contract law would be an advantage.
To apply please send an up to date CV in the strictest confidence to Nicholas Elkin at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED.