Software Test Engineer
Our client is looking for a full time Software Test Engineer to work closely with fellow testers, developers, product managers and project managers within their retail development team. Products to be tested will include Point of Sale, Back Office and Head Office software.
They are based in Southampton and are a leading provider of sale, payment and loyalty solutions. They’ve enjoyed major growth from some solid investments in software and specialist hardware and the company now provides payment and loyalty solutions for some of the UK’s major retailers.
You will be:
- Developing test plans and scripts from business/technical requirements and specifications.
- Performing exploratory testing on early-stage code.
- Performing a wide range of test activities such as functional/non-functional, regression and performance testing.
- Advise the team about overall risks and trends.
- Facilitating communication between the technical and business stakeholders.
You will have:
- Three plus years’ experience in a Software Testing environment.
- The ability to understand the role testers play in the full systems development life cycle.
- Ability to write T-SQL and interrogate a database using Microsoft client tools.
- The ability to identify and document defects.
- Able to carry out test planning and procedures.
- Experience working on Scrum teams in sprints.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide audience of technical, non-technical and stakeholders, on all levels.
- Understanding of how to construct and document test cases.
- Knowledge of automated test scripts and interpreting results.
- Clear and concise documentation skills.
- ISTQB Certificate.
- Experience working on Scrum teams.
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with functional and non-functional software requirements.
- Working knowledge of scripting/programming in C#.
- Experience of TDD, BDD, SoapUI and Selenium.
Salary: Up to £32,000, depending on experience.