UK Financial Controller
Our client, a leading international Consumer business with a turnover of £150 million based in West London is looking for a UK Financial Controller. They have firmly established their business over a number of years due to their service, focus and commitment to innovation, and thus, the business is on track for yet another successful year.
This is an exciting time for the business and the UK Financial Controller will be pivotal to the business achieving its aggressive growth strategy. With a strong client portfolio, they are opening new offices globally and the group has plans to double its turnover over the next two years, so this is a crucial appointment at a significant point in the company’s growth cycle.
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller, you will be responsible for supporting the Senior Management team and Heads of Departments in the UK, whilst producing the management accounts and statutory accounts under FRS 102. This position would suit a naturally talented individual who has the drive, ambition and potential to advance in a rapidly growing business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Producing the management reports, with commentary for the UK
- Producing the statutory accounts under FRS 102
- Business partnering with the Heads of Departments and the Senior Management team
- Providing commercial support and analysis to the Senior Management team
- Making recommendations as to where the UK business performance can improve
- Leading the cashflow forecasting and management across the business
- Managing the forecasting and budgeting process, and supporting the strategic planning process
- Working closely with the shared service centre in Spain
- Supervising a small team
- Ad-hoc projects as required
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with a solid technical background including exposure to FRS102. You will possess strong communication skills and be able to motivate and lead a small team. You will be an ambitious individual who is looking to develop their skills and take more ownership within an environment of constant change. The ability to influence others and drive change is imperative to this role.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Jane Knight, who will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.