Job Title: Store Manager
Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum depending on experience
Do you enjoy having an impact on your store through merchandising and driving store standards? This retailer encourages you to merchandise stock to improve sales and as such you really can have an impact on your store achievements and results. If you are a hands on and commercial retail manager looking to join a growing business, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- A confident and natural retail leader who is able to manage staff performance and support individuals to deliver
- Previous experience working in a customer service focussed fast paced retail environment is essential
- A passion for driving sales through service and delivering on company KPIs
- A hands on approach to leadership and a desire to lead from the front
- A good understanding of company finances and P&L reports
- Experience of organising team rotas and managing team performance
- To have a passion and flair for implementing exciting product displays
- Punctual, reliable and willing to go the extra mile for staff and customers alike, you will thrive on hitting targets and love the satisfaction of working in a service led environment
- You will be articulate, well presented and be able to demonstrate a strong track record of retail achievements
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coaching and developing your team through on the spot observations and feedback
- Have a commercial approach to all aspects of the store in order to drive sales
- Responsible for cash handling, end of day banking and ensuring team compliance with procedures
- Ensuring the team members are following the correct stock control processes
- To promote high visual merchandising standards throughout the store
- To work with the HR team and Area Managers to deal with people issues in a timely manner
- To be aware of competitor activity and take action where necessary to ensure maximum footfall to the store
- To plan and conduct regular 121’s, reviews and appraisals with the team in accordance with company policy and procedures
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist retailers of greeting cards, gift and party products. They aim to produce a wide range of outstanding quality cards and products at exceptional value. They are a business who have experience consistent year on year growth and have been able to expand their store portfolio to over 850 sites. As a business they believe in giving something back to the local community and are partnered with a multitude of great charities.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Stretford, Manchester, Warrington, Wilmslow, Wythenshaw, Liverpool.
KEY WORDS: Store Manager, General Manager, Customer Service, Department Manager
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: