We are currently recruiting for a UK market leader within the natural stone and porcelain industry with multiple retail branches throughout the UK. Their head office is based in Monmouth and they are currently seeking an experienced Showroom Manager for their well-established branch in Exeter.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director it will be your role to lead and inspire sales consultants in the expert promotion and sales of the company’s products and services. To ensure clients receive unbiased and accurate advice, in the selection, delivery and after sale of products, in order to meet client expectations and up hold the company’s brand and reputation.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To effectively manage all product stock levels, ensuring stock is properly accounted for and showroom paperwork (e.g. quotes, orders and cash receipts) is accurately produced, presented to clients and internal departments, in order to minimise /eliminate errors.
- To organise promotions, displays and events, ensuring all pricing, discounts and offers are fully understood and relayed to sales consultants and clients, to maximise sales opportunities.
- To merchandise all products (internal and external to the showroom), without exception, in accordance with brand guidelines.
- To respond to customer complaints/comments, resolving issues effectively locally, referring and/or escalating to Head Office/Directors only where the issue is outside your remit and/or authority level.
- To accurately record cash sales and expenditure on petty cash, banking cash on a daily basis and submitting petty cash receipts to head office accounts on a monthly basis. To maintain the cash/petty cash float up to a maximum of £50.00 to ensure there is sufficient change for cash sales.
- To maintain awareness of market trends, initiating changes to improve sales and generate new business, promoting the company locally, business to business and with the wider community.
- To carry out visits to site in order to support clients with technical issues/resolve complaints, maximise sales and secure new business opportunities. On completion of the visit a report by e-mail must be completed and sent to Head Office, outlining the details and outcome of the visit.
- To conduct all aspects of staff management at your showroom, including recruitment and selection, interviews, back to work and exit interviews. Probation and performance reviews, induction and ongoing training and development, (including product/ technical data knowledge), appraisal and managing disciplinary/ grievance issues to the authorised level.
- To ensure the Company’s Health and Safety policy, procedures, rules and regulations in relation to the showroom, staff and public, are adhered to all times, to avoid causing injury/ill health to any person or persons.
- To maintain the security of the showroom including stock, equipment and cash, ensuring the premises are securely locked and that monitoring systems, fire and intruder alarms, are activated as necessary.
- To ensure that the appearance of sales consultants and showroom housekeeping is of a standard that up holds reputation for excellence.
- To use ICT to record data and produce comprehensive and accurate reports on sales performance, operational issues, customer and competitor activity (including monitoring local competitors’ pricing and new products), to ensure results can be analysed and interpreted to facilitate forecasting and future planning.
- To attend meetings at Head Office or other locations, to maintain knowledge and understanding of changes in the business to improve standards and ensure the flow of information from Showroom to Senior Management.
- To conduct regular meetings/briefings with your team, to communicate and engage them in business information (e.g. showroom/business performance, new initiatives) and feedback staff suggestions/issues.
- To attend initial formal training and assessment and all subsequent courses, as required, in order to maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all products, ancillaries and associated technical/management information.
- To carry out all the duties of a sales consultant, as required, in order to maintain customer service levels in the showroom at all times.
- 23 days holiday
- Company car
- Private healthcare (after qualifying period)
Hours: Monday to Saturday 9.30am - 5.30pm
Schedule: You will work a 5 day week then a 6 day week on a 2 weekly rotation. You will have a day off in the week on the 6 day week.