Group Planning & Reporting Manager
FTSE 250 Consumer Brand based in London is looking to hire a Group Planning and Reporting Manager.
Theiroperational reach is international with manufacturing plants in UK, USA, Asia and Europe and they employ over 2,000 people worldwide.
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, you will manage all aspects of financial reporting for the group (internal and external), the global budget, forecasting processes and the financial outlook model.
- Responsible for the consolidation, review and reporting of the monthly results, cash flow, balance sheet and KPIs, including publishing timely dashboards, analysis and commentary to support senior management in running the business.
- Manage the annual budget and quarterly reforecast processes, including analysing and reviewing the submissions from the businesses, consolidating to produce a group view and producing insightful analysis and summaries for senior management and the Board.
- Maintain the financial outlook model, used for strategic planning purposes, developing scenarios to 'stress test' the baseline model.
- Responsible for all aspects of external statutory reporting, including preparation of the Annual Report and Half Year reporting, ensuring compliance with IFRS and listing rules.
- Manage tax reporting for the group, working with the Tax & Treasury Manager & group's tax advisers.
- Oversee accounting and forecasting for PLC, including accounting for treasury activities.
- Responsible for all technical accounting matters (such as pensions, share options and derivatives), including managing the implementation of changes in IFRS or other relevant reporting requirements.
- Manage the group consolidation system (Cognos Controller), overseeing development of the application and reporting structure as needed.
- Manage and coach the group planning & reporting team, to maintain a motivated and effective team which supports the global finance teams and improves efficiency through automation and streamlining
- Preparation of financial presentations for investor relations purposes.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the Chief Executive and Group Finance Director, and other key leaders across the global business and global finance teams.
- Liaise with external auditors and other advisors as required.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Accountancy qualification (ACA or equivalent)
- Experience of auditing (Big 4 audit firm preferred)
- Experience in the preparation of group consolidations and statutory accounts for listed company
- Experience working with general ledger systems and group consolidation systems
- Pro-active individual who will challenge the status quo and identify pragmatic solutions to issues
- Organised & accurate
- Ability to build strong working relationships and to influence others
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS