Data Analyst / Trainee Merchandiser - Study - Skemersdale - Immediate start - £18,000 Package
We are looking for Trainee Assistant Merchandiser to work in a small team, we are looking for a graduate with high analytical skills to the Merchandiser in the day to day running of the product range covering all sales channels. Assist the Merchandiser with keys tasks to deliver sales and margin targets whilst delivering end of season target stock levels.
Key Responsibilities to assist merchandising team with:
- Assist with running of weekly reports covering Sales, Stock, POs and Cover. Review data and provide insight into figures. Form recommendations to discuss with the Merchandiser and agree proposed actions to drive sales and margin.
- Share cross-range department responsibilities with other Assistant Merchandiser/Junior Merchandiser such as product setup, PO date amendments, raising of POs and barcode loading.
- Carry out ad hoc analysis as required by the Merchandiser outside of normal BUA tasks. Review data and propose actions to drive profit.
- Assist with WSSI maintenance and management. Flag any issues noticed within the WSSI data that may require action.
- Raise product range POs as required by the Merchandiser. Work with the Merchandiser to carry out size ratio analysis to use on the buys.
- Manage all product setup process at season start-up and throughout the season, maintaining 100% accuracy throughout.
- Carry out basic brochure checks as required by the Merchandiser, feed change requirements back to Marketing team.
- Perform website checks to ensure the product range covered looks as desired on the web. Advise improvement suggestions and work with the Web Administrator to enact change requirements that drive sales and customer experience.
- Assist the Merchandiser with Critical Path maintenance to deliver key tasks in a timely manner. Flag potential issues surrounding the critical path to the Merchandiser.
- Assess purchase order chase/defer requirements and highlight to the Merchandiser. Work with the Production department to action requirements and confirm actions back to Merchandiser. Monitor PO date slippage and flag issues, investigate slippage with Production.
- Setup and maintain all product prices with Navision for range of products covered. Enter Mid-Season Sale, End Of Season Sale and New Season prices in a timely manner. Advise Web Administrator when prices are correct to link up Contact Centre and Web prices
- Maintain product detail sheets (Bibles) to ensure accurate single sources of Merchandising and Design information.
- Must have a 2:1 or above in a numeracy based degree
- An excellent history of personal development and high achievement.
- Strong decision making credentials
- Excellent Numerical skills
- Excellent Verbal Reasoning skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organisation and planning skills with ability to prioritise effectively
- Able to work on own initiative & problem solve
- Able to work to deadlines and in a pressurised environment
- Wanting professional qualifications
- 2% matched pension
- Free eye tests
- free on-site parking
- Staff discount
- Professional qualifications
If you are interested in this role please contact John Devlin at Agility Resourcing.
Please note due to the large volume of applications we receive for these roles, if we have not contacted you within 7 days then unfortunately your application hasn’t been successful, however we may contact you regarding other roles. We’re sorry we can’t contact you directly but we wish you all the best in your job search.