Finance Manager - Part Time
This is a brilliant opportunity for the ideal candidate to join a small and friendly construction company with exciting growth plans based near Wallingford.
SCM Limited are seeking a commercially minded finance manager who has the ability to focus on business improvement, not just the trial balance. This will be a pivotal role in the Accounts department responsible for all financial transactions in the company and assist with Monthly Management Accounts. There is an opportunity to develop and shape this role further as the company grows. Report to the Finance Director and Managing Director.
Ideally, you will have worked in the Construction industry or within an industry that deals with sub-contractors and job costing.
You must have considerable and demonstrable experience in :
- Day to day bookkeeping
- VAT returns
- Monthly reconciliations for Bank and control accounts
- Month end Journals
- Preparing basic month end P&L account and cashflow forecasts
Experience preferred but not required:
- CIS returns
- Payroll using SAGE payroll
- Project accounting
- Factor Finance
- Are able to work autonomously and well as be a team player
- Are a self-starter, able to work on your own initiative with a 'hands-on approach’
- Detail orientated with a desire for 100% accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and work to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly proficient with Sage 50, Sage Payroll and Excel.
- Are confident, resourceful and take pride in your contribution
- Are a good communicator
- Are a car driver with your own car
The role is office based and the working hours are flexible by negotiation
Initially, 20 hours per week
If you wish to apply, please send your cv, together with a covering letter explaining why you are interested in this vacancy and why you are looking for a part time position.