IT Service Desk Manager
About The Role
We are looking for a Service Desk Manager role to lead and oversee the provision of first line incident management and request fulfilment and second-line access management for the growing Society staff base using technologies including PC, network, telephony and ATMs. Mentor, motivate and manage two teams comprising 16+ staff in a fast-paced environment.
Act as the first point of escalation for complex and urgent technical issues and access audits. Develop the self-service, incident and request capability of the ServiceNow platform. Assure new projects and technologies are fit for support in the live environment. Provide and present data and analysis of service desk and access control service target attainment to senior staff on a regular basis.
Technology Related Knowledge
- General understanding of IT service management principles
- Business application of IT
- PC literacy, especially Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of CBS systems
Other Role Related Knowledge
- Team management and queue management knowledge
- ITIL terminologies
- Incident management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Other essential information:
- The service desk team, excluding the Team Leader and Manager, work a shifted 7-day week.
- The access control team works a five-day week.
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.