Children and Young Persons Domestic Abuse Advocate
Title: Children and Young Persons Domestic Abuse Advocate
Location: YOU First, Dorset
Contract: Permanent, Full time
To start: As soon as possible
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We are looking to recruit to the role of Children and Young Persons Domestic Abuse Advocate who will engage children and young people at high risk of harm due to domestic abuse and carry out appropriate assessments, including DASH RIC with referral to MARAC and/or safeguarding when indicated. The skilled and experienced post holder will design and provide one to one sessions as required, whether in community or accommodation based settings. Additionally this role will engage with others in the community raising awareness and develop and deliver education programmes and specific face to face interventions for those experiencing intimate teen violence, including young perpetrators and victim survivors.
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly skilled, motivated and innovative person to join our Integrated Domestic Violence and Abuse Service. The successful applicant will be expected to work across the county of Dorset to meet the needs of clients and the service - ensuring children and young people within refuges and within the community receive the right intervention at the right time. Due to the nature of the work being a car driver with a car for work and business insurance is essential for this post.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
We are looking for a person who has experience/knowledge of:
• Domestic violence and abuse front-line services for men, women and children, (e.g. Crisis Accommodation, Outreach, IDVA, MARAC).
• Safeguarding best practice for children
• Carrying out assessments and co-producing individual support plans
• Completing risk assessment and carrying out referrals
• Statutory assessment
• Developing support programmes
• Working with children and young people
• Intimate teen violence
• Working within educational services
• Delivering group work
• Child and adolescent development
We are looking for a person who can:
• Understand the issues affecting children who have experienced domestic violence and abuse
• Understand and commit to diversity and inclusion responsibilities
• Be person centred at all times
• Share best practice knowledge
• Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service and staff team which will include evenings and weekends (as required)
• Act with integrity, be trustworthy and treat people with dignity and respect
• Remain calm when dealing with a crisis or emergency
• Ensure all services meet contract requirements
• Ensure clients are at the forefront when making decisions about service design and delivery
• Work to raise awareness of the service, produce good publicity materials, develop and maintain excellent relationships with people both within you and externally, and be an ambassador and champion for our work.
Our clients have told us that they want the post holder to:
• Be approachable but also firm and fair
• Listen to the client, work with the client
• Always be realistic with clients, be honest and patient
• But mostly be human
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
• Competitive rates of pay and paid mileage and travel time.
• Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
• Excellent and professionally certified training.
• Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
• Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
• A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
• The chance to work with amazing people.
This is such a rewarding role, and if this sounds like something you’d relish we can’t wait to hear from you! Please click 'Apply’ to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number. We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to assess your suitability for this post.
If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview. Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for assessment so don’t delay, apply today!