Accounts Senior - Top 50 Firm
A very exciting opportunity to join a Top 50 firm, based in West London as an Accounts Senior. The role present a truly outstanding opportunity for someone with a strong background in accounts work to move to one of the best firms in the country, and really develop both their skills and their career, with the firm placing a strong emphasis on career development.
The successful candidate will have a strong base of experience in statutory accounts preparation under UK GAAP. The role does not require an accounting qualification, although desirable, but we are looking for a candidate who has a number of years’ experience preparing statutory accounts and corporation tax computations across a range of client industries. The role may also include management accounts preparation and supervision of junior team members. The department’s clients typically have turnovers up to £6 million. We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic to work within a growing department, able to work on their own initiative and contribute to the success of the department.
- Statutory accounts preparation including year-end adjustments and accounts disclosures, from Trial Balance or books and records;
- Preparation of corporation tax computations;
- Management accounts preparation;
- Communicate with and deal with any queries from clients;
- Supervision of junior staff within the department and the audit department;
- On-site client work (occasionally).
A strong accounting background combined with good IT skills including confidence with using Sage Line 50 and Excel is essential. We work with Caseware accounts production software and Digita Corporation Tax software, although will of course provide training to any candidate not familiar with these.
For more information on this role please either apply directly, or contact Kieron Whitehead at AJ Chambers.