Tax Manager Heathrow
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Tax Manager with our client Heathrow Airport Ltd. The Tax Manager will be responsible as the principle point of contact for tax issues in relation to expansion.
The primary function of the role is to support the Tax team in ensuring that the Heathrow Group identifies and manages any Direct Tax issues arising from expansion, including corporate tax and employment taxes. The role will also involve providing advice and support relating to tax and answering ad-hoc queries as well as providing training to the business and identifying opportunities and risks.
We are looking for candidates who can take ownership by proactively identifying issues and proposing solutions to resolve them; who can focus on results with a 'can do' attitude and who can develop strong working relationships as part of a team.
In return, the company offers the Tax Manager a competitive salary, bonus and an excellent benefits package, as well as the opportunity to play a key part in the further development of a world class company.
Principle Accountabilities of the Tax Manager
General tax advice:
* Responsible as principle point of contact for tax issues in relation to expansion.
* Develop relationships within the business and work closely with the Expansion Workstreams to identify tax issues and take responsibility for managing the tax issues, any tax risk and ensuring compliance.
* Identify opportunities to reduce tax liabilities in line with genuine commercial activity,
without structuring transactions in a way which gives a tax result contrary to the intentions of Parliament, such as R&D and ECAs.
* Work with third party advisors on tax matters, as applicable.
* Support the Head of Direct Tax in discussions with HMRC as required, including attendance at meetings and dealing with correspondence and enquiries.
* To provide ad hoc training in relation to promoting the awareness of and importance of tax issues to the wider business.
* Ensure sufficient documentation of advice given so that tax computations can be completed accurately in a timely manner.
To provide tax support for the Group's statutory accounting and reporting requirements:
* Assist with the preparation or review of tax provisions for reporting purposes, including current and deferred tax (FRS 101, FRS 102 and IFRS).
* Review of tax disclosures in Group and UK entity Financial Statements.
To provide support with corporate tax projects:
* Responsible for the Group's R&D claims.
* Support the Tax team with the understanding and implementation of new legislative changes.
* Other ad hoc projects, such as responding to Government Consultations, business employee tax queries, review of CIS operation and SAO processes.
Essential Previous Experience of the Tax Manager
* Qualified tax professional (ACA or CTA) or relevant HMRC background, with proven track record in UK tax.
* Strong tax accounting understanding.
* Strong organisational skills, with ability to plan, prioritise and work to deadlines with little support.
* Professional in approach and dedicated to high standards, with excellent attention to detail and right first time mentality.
* Previous project management experience advantageous.
* The post requires an ability to work under pressure yet still provide exemplary customer service.
* Excellent communication skills both written and oral are essential.
Benefits: A truly excellent benefits and bonus package is offered in addition to a competitive salary
Location: Heathrow, London
Salary: £55k - £57k basic, up to 25% bonus and excellent benefits
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Please make your application for this role directly to Rainford Berry Ltd today.