Senior Financial Accountant
PLC business require a high calibre, fully qualified, Senior Financial Accountant
Your new role
A key role within the Financial Accounts department, reporting to the Head of Financial Accounts and overseeing one Financial Accountant. Direct and indirect responsibility for monthly Management and Financial Accounting, support for the division and a key contributor to the statutory accounts process. Uses excellent MS Excel and technical accounting knowledge to clearly define business processes and communicate them to ensure compliance across the wider business.
What you'll need to succeed
- The typical planning horizons and timescales focus around monthly and quarterly reporting with increased focus of activity around year-end and statutory accounts submission time frames.
- Ability to work with large volumes of data ensuring compliance and accuracy at a detailed level while still being able to provide analytical review and insight at a higher level is key.
- A solid understanding of accounting standards is imperative, along with the ability to guide, support and review the work of others colleagues.
- This role would be suitable for a qualified accountant, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, however, a finalist would be considered with the relevant experience
- This role requires good teamwork and communication with all members of the Financial and Management Accounts team and the wider business, workloads can be self-scheduled on a daily basis as long as key deliverables set out above are achieved.
- The main constraints are to ensure all areas of the business follow correct procedures and are compliant with accounting standards and company internal accounting policies.
- The role has one direct report - Financial Accountant.
- This role requires interfaces and business partnering with a number of different internal departments at a detailed level and requires the ability to work with both financial and non-financial colleagues at various levels of seniority within the company:-
- Financial Accounts
- Management Accounts
- Tax & Treasury
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.