Senior Quality Engineer
My client, one of Europe's leading industrial service providers with over 200 service centres nationwide, are recruiting for a Senior Quality Engineer to help develop and drive their standards and procedures. Following a period of consistent and sustainable growth, my client has strategic plans for further expand and are committed to developing and nurturing talent and the future workforce.
The Senior Quality Engineer role comes as the result of a period of positive change within the UK business. The successful candidate will analyse, develop and drive the quality systems and performance across the company's Sealing and Polymer Product business. The role is a fantastic opportunity to join one of Europe's leading MRO and industrial service providers and play a key part in the development of their UK business.
The Senior Quality Engineer will have the responsibility of bringing together the QMS of two of the companies key product divisions. You will act as a senior member of the Quality team, implementing and managing ISO 9001, TS 16949 and ISO 14001. You will be expected to work autonomously and pro actively, being seen as a senior authority on quality guidelines and issues. Candidates with experience managing and implementing health, safety and environmental standards (H&S, HSE, QHSE, SHEQ, HSEQ), processes and procedures will be considered as favourable.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Maintain merge and develop two divisions' (Sealing and Gasket technology) QMS to meet the requirements of ISO9001:2015
- Provide assistance with any quality issues in the line
- Roll-out the ISO18001 (Soon to be ISO45001) Occupational Health and Safety Management system within the division
- Liaising with internal and external HSEQ teams and management, audit bodies through the completion and closure of audit reports
- Monitor performance through gathering, analysis and production of statistical data
- Full understanding of APQP activities and PPAP submissions
- Work in a team to produce Process flow, PFMEA's & Control Plans
- Work closely with the customer / supplier base to resolve non-conformances in a timely manner
- Raise Internal Quality Alerts and issue to the relevant internal department
As the successful Senior Quality Engineer your skills & experience will include:
- Good knowledge of and experience working with ISO 9001, TS 16949 & 18001.
- Professional know-how of all APQP activities
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to prepare and deliver management information within required deadlines
- Where change is recommended to customers, ability to assist with the change management process
- Ability to work with Direct Reports to leverage successful projects that results in new business opportunities or increased customer retention within the Region
- Ability to effectively manage and implement projects
The successful Senior Quality Engineer will receive a salary of approximately £30,000 - £34,000 plus a competitive benefits package.
QHSE - SHEQ - QSHE - Quality - QA
Gleeson Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including manufacturing, distribution, third party logistics and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.