Job Title: Bookkeeper
Salary: £25-28k plus excellent benefits
Full Time Permanent
Location: Leicester City
Are you looking for an opportunity to have full autonomy, responsibility and accountability for managing the accounts for a well-established business based in the City of Leicester?
This is an excellent opportunity to lead the production of accurate and relevant financial information to management and statutory accounts plus have responsibility for an office administrator.
Our client is a dynamic, creative and forward thinking supplier of business services and enjoys working in a fun filled environment.
- To ensure the accurate and timely preparation of management accounts, the effective operation and development of management systems for all accounting functions, particularly those relating to purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll, cash and banking and the nominal ledger
- To work with our outsourced credit control function
- Preparation of appropriate financial reports for monthly meetings and upon request by the Managing Director
- Producing timely and accurate monthly management accounts and annual financial statements
- Regular updates of cashflow, forward planning and analysis of the financial position of the company
- Responsible for all commercial matters not limited to office rent, lease renewals, rates, company insurances and renewals
- To manage all correspondences with HMRC relating to VAT, PAYE and all company tax matters.
- To manage an effective month end and year end accounting close process
- Administering the company’s Smart Pension and Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Part responsibility for management of an office administrator
This role would ideally suit a person that has previous experience working in a similar role or as a finance manager of an SME
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in a Finance environment, with a sound knowledge of financial and management accounting, preferably gained within an SME
- Ability to work under pressure (adhere to tight deadlines) and independently in a busy growing organisation
- Exceptional data analysis skills
- Experience in liaising with tax authorities, auditors, business advisors and board members.
- Computer confident - including fully experienced with Microsoft Office package, experience of working with a known finance CRM system e.g. Sage
- Experience in dealing with confidential information
To apply for this role please send your CV for review.