My Client a leading Legal firm in South West London is looking for a Reporting Accountant to join the Head Office Team.
This is a critical role within the finance function and it offers great potential to a candidate wishing to have wider exposure to the broad range of areas in a finance function and to have experience in providing all aspects of financial support in a professional services organisation.
Reporting to the Financial Controller the Reporting Accountant will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of the financial records and the production of management reports
- Management of month end and year end processes
- Annual budgeting process
- Accruals, prepayments, provisions, rent, depreciation, amortisation and other, similar journals.
- Liaise regularly with the budget holders to support their understanding of their budgets and track progress
- Preparation of trial balance for audit purposes and day to day liaison with the external auditors
- Maintenance and preparation of regulatory returns
- Management of financial controls within the department, including reviewing and testing of regular housekeeping activities, checks to ensure system balancing and reconciling key balances
- Support key business activities such as forecasting and the production of key performance statistics as well as supporting ad hoc projects and initiatives
The successful candidate will have previously worked in the Legal Sector and will be actively working towards an ACCA/CIMA Qualification.
The successful candidate will be encouraged and expected to deliver continuous improvement and to support other team members and the wider firm with their technical accounting and systems knowledge.