Do you have solid C# programming skills?
Strong leadership skills?
If so, please read on as this might be the role for you!
Our client who are an provider of utility networks have the requirements for a Senior Systems Developer to join their team. You will provide systems development, integration and support for the current systems in place using C#, ASP.NET and a SQL stack.
• Support and maintenance of in-house systems, intranets and web sites.
• Analysing user requirements or where appropriate supporting colleagues performing the Analysis role.
• Design and development of in-house systems and integration with current and future OTS (off the shelf) systems and technologies.
• Database design and support. Liaising with colleagues performing database administration roles. Ensuring data integrity in company systems
• Maintaining security controls relevant to company systems and databases
• Development and support of in-house reporting and collaboration systems
• Adhering to appropriate policies, procedures and standards - Helping to develop these where appropriate.
• Maintaining all software and database objects in the appropriate source/version control systems and working with colleagues to ensure these are secured adequately
• Act as deputy for Systems Development Manager and Development Team Leaders from time to time.
• Extensive experience using .NET technologies including ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, LINQ and Razor
• Extensive experience in database design and development (T-SQL) using Microsoft SQL Server (2012 and newer).
• Experience interfacing / integrating systems
• Experience of systems development methods (e.g. Agile)
• Experience of Visual Studio 2010 and newer
• Familiarity with Team Foundation Server 2017 or Visual Studio Team Services
• Understanding of SSRS and/or SSIS using Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience of Inversion of control and dependency injection
• Use and creation of NuGet packages
• Familiarity with web and MVVM frameworks including Knockout.js, AngularJS and Bootstrap
• Experience with of Automated testing, TDD, mocks and fakes
• Basic understanding of design patterns and principles including SOLID and DRY
• Knowledge of DevOps including continuous integration and deployment
Location: Bury St.Edmunds, Suffolk
Hours: Full time
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency for this permanent vacancy.