Assistant Financial controller
An exciting Assistant Financial Controller position has just become available within a rapidly expanding Renewable Energy provider in central London. Reporting to the Financial Controller this role offers outstanding exposure for a Finance Manager who is looking to take the next step in their career.
About the Assistant Financial Controller role:
As Assistant Financial controller you provide oversight to the companies transnational functions, financial reporting and IFRS compliance and support all functions all accounting matters. As a key member of the finance team and you will also support the budgeting and forecasting processes and be responsible for core processes including, year-end and half year, and periodic reporting and review, for the Executive team and the Board.
You will also provide analytical support to enable the Finance and Executive team to review business performance against its strategic target and will continually review and seek to improve the policies and procedures used throughout the business and improve efficiencies and effectiveness and financial control, in all business processes and decision making.
- Timely and accurately input and assist with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in line with UK statutory and IFRS (in particular FRS 102)
- Assist and support daily, weekly and monthly cash flow calculations and forecasting,
- Perform and support general accounting functions including, but not limited to the following: month-end closing, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, AP, AR, GL, journal entries, cash flow management, bank reconciliations, audit schedules, monthly variance analysis, fixed / intangible assets, and record monthly accrual of expenses
- Coordinate activities with external auditors and other advisors
- Assist in corporate tax return preparation process
With a background ideally within the UK energy, utilities or sectors you will be well used to working in a fast paced environment, and held an Assistant Financial Controller (or similar) role within the UK residential or enterprise power and gas markets supply markets, or within a UK utility company or a provider of monthly subscription, consumer based services on direct debit and card payment basis. If you have the ability to thrive in a "hands-on" environment and resolve challenging financial issues whilst under pressure and meets deadlines
This well established renewable energy company is a key player in the Energy market. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call to find out more.