Health & Ed are looking for an experience Unit Manager.
At Health & Ed we specialise in recruitment for social care, healthcare and educational professionals. Our recruitment agency will benefit you whether you’re looking for temporary or permanent vacancies.
We are looking for a Unit Manager to work in a Semi-Independent Unit in London. The right candidate should be able to inspire staff to always do their best and encourage them to be productive and an asset to the team.
Unit Managers’ will also need to ensure that all staff are supported in their day to day duties.
Applicants should have a positive attitude and passion for this sector;
- To manage a team of Senior Support Workers/ Support Workers to provide a positive living experience for the residents (young adults)
- Report directly to head of care that can supply additional support, in turn you will need to support them to enable to highest standard of care delivered
- To ensure your team consistently provides high quality services to its users and remains cautious
- To liaise with senior managements and complete personal task as required.
- To provide adequate supervision of staff
- Support each individual into finding full independence in their day to day life through a range of activities, key work sessions and promoting them to continue
NVQ Level 5 - Leadership & Management for Children and Young People (Essential)
Will need to be proactive within their approach
Have a good amount of experience within the care sector at management level
Must have experience working in Semi Independent/ Supported living setting
Hold an enhanced DBS that is registered with the DBS update service.
Have experience working with young people leaving care, with emotional and behavioural difficulties
Above all, we are looking for managers with experience who has a real passion for working with young people/adults.