Consultant Doctor in Old Age Psychiatry - Hull
We are currently seeking an experienced Consultant Doctor specialising in Old Age Psychiatry. This will be for immediate permanent placement in a specialised NHS Trust situated in Buckinghamshire. The position is available on a full time permanent basis.
You will be expected to be competent in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and clinical management of patients with functional mental illness and dementia.
As a senior, you will required to provide medical input and clinical leadership to the Community Mental Health team. You also need to show a willingness to participate in medical student teaching and postgraduated training
When examining patients, you will need to ensure physical health is considered alongside psychological and social issues.
You must have full registration with the GMC or in the process of registering and continue to hold a Licence to Practice.
Core duties of the position would include:
- Assessing and managing patients (including investigations and treatment) with acute and chronic psychiatric conditions including dementia and psychiatric functional illnesses in the inpatient setting and ensuring that interventions are provided in a sensitive, accessible and culturally appropriate way.
- All interventions should be in line with NICE and other widely-accepted guidelines, with which the post holder must be well versed.
- All service users should be managed towards recovery where possible, and in all cases in a way that optimizes their bio-psychosocial functioning and dignity.
- All cases will be managed using the Care Programme Approach (CPA) principles.
- The post holder is required to provide clinical leadership within the multi-disciplinary team and clinical advice or supervision where needed.
- Qualified in Psychiatry
- Valid GMC registration or registration in progress
The tangible benefits of working with ID Medical
- ID Medical School with CPD - accredited education programmes for medical professionals
- Excellent salary packages available
Free BLS & PLS course
- 24 hour support service
- Excellent relocation package available
- Discounted CPD accredited courses
- Dedicated, experienced, supportive and friendly consultants
- UK's leading Revalidation service for doctors, attested "Excellent" by NHS England
The ID Medical Refer & Earn scheme also allows you to earn extra money by referring friends, colleagues or family to us for a suitable medical solution.
About ID Medical
From its headquarters in Milton Keynes as well as its Central London office, award-winning ID Medical is the leading independent supplier of superior quality locum doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and primary care staff, supplying over 5 million hours to the NHS per annum. ID Medical was formed in 2002, holding preferred supplier contracts with more than 90% of NHS hospitals and private medical sector organisations. If you are looking for a rewarding career, join us at ID Medical and help us transform the lives of the people who use our service for the better.
The ID Medical Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Please visit ID Medical for more opportunities to grow your career.
Follow us on twitter and Facebook.