Inside Sales Manager
Role: Inside Sales Manager
Location: Hampton Hill, South West London
Salary: £40k to £50k basic, car, commission, benefits
Our client is recognised as the UK and Europe's market leader for brand-enhancing badges, identification systems and print solutions for people and products. Supplying 35 million badges and 65 million business cards to companies of all sizes, across all industries, including Santander, Tesco, Asda, John Lewis Partnership, and Marks & Spencer. They are now a trading division of a large US Corporation with a global turnover of £1.23 billion, more than 7,000 employees around the world, operations in 26 countries and distribution in over 100 more.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE:
As Inside Sales Manager your primary goal is to lead the effort to build a successful inside sales capability targeted to generating new business with new and existing accounts in the Customer Facing and Events sectors, in particular retail, transport, corporate, events/conference and healthcaremarkets.
Success is defined by achieving opportunity and revenue targets within an assigned account base. You will establish & manage a team of Inside Sales Representatives responsible for the entire sales process, starting from prospecting, qualification, outbound calling (cold-calling), opportunity generation and follow up, and winning new business. In addition you will lead the effort to identify contemporary best practices and associated technologies that will enable maximum productivity from the inside salesteam.
PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION:
You will report to the Managing Director PID EMEA and be a member of the EMEA Management Team (PEMT), which is the PID regional leadership team.
- Hires,developsandleadsateam of Inside Sales Representatives located in Hampton Hill, UK.
- Defines, implements & continuously seeks to improve the sales processes and the tools required to achieve the desired results.
- Ensures the team has the right skills and tools to accomplish the above tasks, and where necessary, provides them with the appropriate training and/orsupport.
- Maintain a close relationship with all other members of the regional IDS sales team to reach common KPl's and sales targets.
- Through excellent coaching, the ISM will help create a vibrant, competitive and fun culture within the team.
- Ensures the team meets or exceeds monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quota.
- Demonstrates a real appetite to win business and take share from competitors.
- Takes full ownership of customers and the sales process and demonstrates a professional and courteous yet results oriented attitude at all times.
- Delivers against a pre-defined outbound call quota, develops new opportunities from outbound calling activities, contacts (cold calls) referred and prospective passive customers, assesses needs, and offers the right solution for thecustomer.
- Builds and proactively manages a sales pipeline able to meet the desired sales quota. Oversees that the team navigates customer company structure to identify decision makers and engage with them.
- Qualifies and processes all incoming marketing leads in compliance with the standardised lead handlingprocess.
- Researches the market in assigned sales area to self-generate sales leads, including utilising the web, social media (including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), referrals, phone lists, associations, trade shows and other sources.
- Performs online demonstrations of product and, where necessary, conducts face-to-face meetings and/or demonstrations with prospects and customers.
- Enhances initial and future sales volume through customer education and building awareness of other solutions potentially interesting to customers.
- Understands how the client solutions fit into the market place, collects competitive intelligence and share with the necessary stakeholders in the organisation to help ensure they will have the best, most differentiating product offer.
- Follows the standardised sales process to ensure unified sales approach and greatest chance ofsuccess.
- Implements and manages the comprehensive use of the CRM tool for executing and managing inside sales tasks, including prospecting, lead generation, managing opportunities pipeline, and sharing essential customer and competitive information.
REQUIRED SKILLS ANDCOMPETENCES:
- Energy & Drive For Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing & Measuring Work
- Professional Conduct
- Written communications
- Priority Setting
- Action Oriented & Perseverance
- Peer relationships
- Customer focus
- Ethics and values
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Learning on the fly
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or other discipline.
- 5-10 years of Inside Sales and Inside Sales Management experience in a Business-to-Business (B2B) environment with a strong track record of success.
- Previous experience in the Printing market or Events market would be an advantage
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office & experience with ERP is a definite plus.
- Requires 10-20% of business travel to UK and Irish prospects and customers, as well as management meeting at the PID EMEA main office in Belgium.
- Participation in trade shows, conferences and events that require 2-3 days travel may occur on an infrequent basis.