We are currently working with a leading professional services business in central Cambridge who are looking to recruit a Payroll Specialist to work in their Head Office Finance Team. With their offices located a short walk from Cambridge station this is an ideal role for people local to the area or commuting to Cambridge.
The appropriate person will be responsible for the full payroll lifecycle on a weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis and will provide full month and year end reconciliations and reporting when required. This role is a great opportunity for an experienced payroll professional and will provide development and progression opportunities for the right person.
Essential duties will include:
- Liaison and close working relationships with all site HR departments, finance teams and external customers.
- Ensuring that all statutory payments and company benefits are administered correctly including SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, SHPP.
- Administration of the Auto-Enrolment pension scheme deductions from payroll.
- Refunding of Opt-Out payments through the payroll.
- Production of the weekly pension files and uplifting the data directly to the pension company via their website.
- Providing many varied reports to other key personnel in finance, HR, production and various external bodies.
- Preparation of all payment data for Accounts so that they can make accurate third party payments by cheque to external customers. Local Authorities, Courts, CSA, CMS, DWP, HMRC.
- Maintaining the company holiday calendar and ensuring holiday is only booked and paid in line with Company procedures.
- Regular downloading of Tax Code/Student Loan notices from the HMRC web site.
- Posting of the payroll data monthly to the company finance system.
- Knowledge of full payroll lifecycle.
- Knowledge of manual calculations, tax deductions & current legislation governing payroll.
- Experience of dealing with queries via e-mail & telephone.
This role is to start as soon as possible so if you feel it would be suitable please get in touch.
Whilst we would love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
polkadotfrog Ltd is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. Our team of Specialist Consultants have the skills, experience and passion to deliver a professional, personal and quality service. Our mission is to build long-term relationships and help clients and candidates find the perfect match.
With offices in Cambridge, Ipswich and Norwich we specialise in the Office Support, Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, IT, Legal and Shipping & Transport sectors across all levels.