Project Manager - Technology - Client-Facing
We are currently on the look out for Project Managers with impressive client facing experience and a keen interest in technology.
My client is a thriving, independent, employee-owned business that is stimulating, challenging and highly rewarding to work for. They offer impressive clients from across the globe and are situated in the leafy town of Guildford.
This is a brand new role that has been created to deal with the current growth and success of the company. This will be a role that the right candidate can shape and mold into what they see fit.
What would you be responsible for?
- Manage and control the delivery of client-facing development projects including estimating, planning and scheduling.
- Work collaboratively with consultants and IT stakeholders to understand and agree the scope and deliverables for projects.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with internal stakeholders and where appropriate, external stakeholders, and manage their expectations; act as the point of contact and interface between teams.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify and address any IT related issues, and work with the wider project team to develop contingency plans.
- Identify and work to resolve issues and conflicts within projects, escalating where appropriate.
- Work proactively to continually improve project management and communication
The requirements for this role are -
- Previous Project Management experience in an IT/Technology/Software environment.
- Experience of working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility; can alter plans to react to shifting priorities and timelines but also able to work with existing production processes.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a variety of sources, to negotiate and reach compromise to ensure project delivery.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies.
- A project management certification or qualification would be a plus.
If you are interested in hearing more about the role on offer, please feel free to apply and one of our consultants will be sure to give you a call to discuss.