- Lead and develop a small, specialist team of direct line reports through clear direction and focus to deliver an effective and efficient PMO by maximising the use of their
- Create a robust mechanism to coordinate information and performance monitoring of the delivery of requests for change through excellent stakeholder management, including status reporting, risk and issue analysis and cost control analysis/forecast
- Regularly provide the Business Portfolio Manager with high quality, change portfolio status reports, assisting with the assimilation of new business opportunities and risk mitigation activity where
- Understand, anticipate and influence the demand for change from the business and other customers who consume the services provided by Business Transformation and IT and own the relationships for project implementation
- Supports the wider business, the Strategy Office, Business Transformation and IT management to turn strategic objectives and measures into requests for change that subsequently become projects, small changes or other change
- Develop close relationships with the business to identify and manage where change delivery overlaps with the business
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues on the use of leading practice project management tools and
- Ownership for the system configuration and reporting integrity of project management tool development.
- Undertaking periodic scenario modelling exercises for the BoM, to produce options for cost control and/or change delivery
- Ensure that the system of identifying and prioritising small scale change is fully understood and efficiently
- Implementation of controls and processes to provide quality assurance for all programmes, projects and Business Performance Improvement
- Oversee the quality control and procedural requirements for best practice in quality and stage gate reviews and perform project health
- Ensure that policies and procedures are updated as required and that business areas are actively encouraged to do the same as part of implementation
- Provide guidance and templates for Project Managers in the production of business cases for approval in relation to change
- Financial management of the business change portfolio, including planning, reporting, contingency management, budgeting and cost centre
- Provision of centralised support for Project Managers including, but not limited to: Risk, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAID) tracking and oversight; configuration management of project deliverables; review and validation of project financials and monitoring timesheet
- Responsible for purchasing management across the Business Transformation function in line with Procurement Policies including, but not limited to, requisitioning paperwork, framework management and the goods receipting
- Manage workforce planning and resource coordination across the Business Transformation function.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience of Portfolio Management and PMO
- Understanding of project and change methodologies and their application within a financial services
- Qualification in PRINCE2 to at least Practitioner, or other structured project management methodology/framework.
- Graduate calibre educational background with proven PMO experience at a portfolio level.
- Organised and self-managing, with the ability to anticipate and understand the interdependencies between different functional
- Proven ability to brief and manage third party
- A proactive approach with the ability to react appropriately and effectively to changing circumstances and
- Demonstrable experience of managing people by providing direction, support, guidance and coaching.
- Take a lead role in recruitment as required and support the Business Portfolio Manager with the selection of strong and competent new team
- Conduct regular one-to-one discussions and performance reviews with all direct
- Responsible for setting team members' business and personal objectives and ensuring they are aligned to the overall team objectives set by the Business Portfolio
- Assist the Business Portfolio Manager in the development, maintenance and implementation of a training and development plan to strengthen and build upon the core and technical competencies of the PMO
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict
- Ability to communicate with integrity at all levels up to, and including, Director
- A tenacious approach with focus and determination to get the job done effectively, overcoming any difficulties that may beencountered
- High level of motivation, flexibility, drive and personal
- A willingness to learn and develop new
- Previous experience in Financial Services, Automotive Finance or retail consumer finance (B2C).
- Previous experience of working as a Programme or Project
- Verbal and written German language skills are