Trade Finance Business Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a good team player, looking for an exciting and rewarding career in an International Bank during an exciting period of growth. The Bank is seeking a Trade Finance Business Development Manager to join our Trade Finance Marketing Department.
The role is full time and would be based in our London office in the heart of the city.
As the Trade Finance Business Development Manager, you are responsible for progressing finance options geared to assist both importers and exporters in reducing the payment risk associated with international trade.
You will work and be dealing with the Bank’s important corporate relationships, as well as be tasked with the acquisition of new customers.
In addition, you will be working with the senior management team on a wide range of corporate banking products to assist with negotiations and presentations, and co-coordinating projects across other divisions where appropriate.
This role reports to the Head of Trade Finance for the strategic business unit.
- Researching and sourcing potential business opportunities and contacts.
- Developing and maintaining business relations with financial services’ introducers.
- Following up business leads and identifying new sales opportunities.
- Setting up client meetings.
- Promoting the Bank’s additional financial products and services.
- Preparing professional presentations for new clients as well as selling all the features.
- Preparing and submitting formal proposals.
- Managing ongoing business accounts whist building new relationships.
- Previous experience working in Trade Finance as a Business Developer or similar.
- Technical product knowledge.
- Preparing and presenting business proposals.
- A Chartered Institute of Marketing or Trade Finance professional qualification is desirable but not mandatory.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent inter-personal skills - Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- To build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on delivery to customers, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- A natural networker, persuasive and credible.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments
- Ability to prioritise and work accurately under pressure to tight deadlines.