Regional Inspections Manager
Regional Vehicle Inspections Manager
We are recruiting on behalf of our client, leaders in the automotive sector, for a field-based Regional Vehicle Inspections Manager across the South West. Reporting to the Inspection Operations Manager, you will manage and oversee all inspection related activity within your region and will have 1 - 5 direct reports to ensure quality and people resource is maintained in line with business requirements. You will provide management and support to the region by developing plans to deliver inventory solutions strategy and business targets. You will ensure operating standards and financial performance of the region is achieved through managing and building a dynamic, high performing and innovative team, who operate best practice and provide excellent customer service and optimum client satisfaction at all times.
As part of the role there will be some travel involved both regional and national, including to meetings, conferences, training and other sites. Therefore a full UK Driving licence is will be required.
You will need to have a proven track record of managing medium to large team and proven track record of working within and meeting SLA and KPI requirements. You will need to have excellent IT skills and Excel and Word with the ability to analyse data to drive performance.
- Working alongside management teams within your region, to provide regular feedback and support on day to day inspection related operations.
- To manage, consult and advise on the inspection team in their day to day duties, ensuring that correct resource is available for expected unit entry to inspect vehicles within customer SLA requirements, meet sale day demands and the efficient operation of inspections.
- Closely monitor productivity and quality standards of the Inspection team and ensure reports are produced and circulated, addressing any performance issues.
- Ensure customer/internal complaints/queries are investigated thoroughly and in line with agreed timescales.
- Advise the auction centre on the flow of vehicles throughout the outside operation, ensuring that various areas are working with each other to maximise capacity and efficiency.
- Ensure Inspections are undertaken in line with standard operating procedures and agreed guidelines, taking appropriate actions where standards are not met.
- Ensure any training requirement is identified, supported and delivered in order to maximise Inspector potential and capability.
- Responsible for identifying key areas of growth and implementing best practice and delivering ways in which to improve these processes to drive increased online penetration, increased revenue and profitability
- Responsible for continually assessing ways of working to ensure the most effective and efficient way of undertaking processes to understand the daily impact of vehicles and adapting practices accordingly.
- To work in collaboration with other business areas in identifying, creating and implementing operational best practice across the auction network.
- Overall responsibility for Vehicle Inspections ensuring the region is managed effectively, including ensuring the administration, inspection, coordination and movements of vehicles meets customer SLA requirements at all times
- To ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the department, to deal with any problems or incidents in a timely manner and within the required procedure guidelines
- To effectively manage the Vehicle Inspections team and process ensuring cars are accurately inspected and imaged within BVRLA fair wear and tear and NAMA guidelines, quality standards and KPIs and take corrective action where necessary.
- Plan in advance to manage resource levels are in line with predicted volumes and ensure the correct usage of inspection equipment and supporting systems
- Interaction with customers as appropriate, to give information regarding inspections as and when required to demonstrate expertise and value of the product and service, supporting the complaints process as appropriate.
- To proactively manage the development, performance and employee relations issues of all team members, ensuring that all mandatory HSE requirements are fulfilled and all team members are trained and developed to maximize performance taking appropriate action where standards are not met
- Investigate any disputes involving inspections and provide timely feedback to the appropriate managers.
- Effective management of Inspection team and delegation to Team Leaders to support where necessary.
Key Performance Criteria:
- Grade Discrepancies to be no greater than 10%
- Maintain regional operational KPI for Hubs, driver utilisation and inspection productivity.
- Achieve and maintain Inspection productivity target of at least 80% across all site responsibility
- Achieve and maintain Inspection Quality compliance of at least 90% across all site responsibility
- Achieve and maintain Image Quality compliance of at least 90% across all site responsibility
- Ensure the administration, inspection and coordination of vehicles meets customer SLA at all times
- Ensure productivity and quality is achieved to meet client’s minimum standards
- Ensure all HSE processes and policies are adhered
So if you have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, excellent customer service and the flexibility, initiative and ability to react to an ever changing environment then apply online today.
Forde Automotive is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.