Chief GDPR Compliance Officer
Chief GDPR Compliance Officer
£50,000 - £70,000
Ambridge Harris are looking to recruit a Chief GDPR Compliance Officer for a firm in the South West. Within this role you will be working in an autonomous fashion where you will be responsible for:
- To manage the compliance function and provide compliance advice to senior management.
- To assess current status of, and develop where necessary, appropriate standards, policies and procedures
- To ensure that the business complies with all external legal and regulatory requirements.
- To ensure that the business complies with its standards, policies and procedures.
- To provide accurate, reliable and timely compliance information to senior management.
- As the GDPR Specialist you will be working on the discovery, design and control phases of the GDPR programme in order to ensure that compliance is met for the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations in 2018. This will include changes to processes, systems and current practices concerning the management and usage of data.
You will be accountable for:
- To provide reports to the Audit Committee.
- To develop a Compliance capability to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- To develop compliance strategies in cooperation with the business to achieve Business objectives.
- To act as a subject matter expert.
- To provide appropriate compliance assurance to the Board and Audit Committee.This role will not involve managing a team but you will need to ensure that the compliance framework you are implementing is adopted by the business, the framework is monitored and tested and that policies are lived and breathed throughout the business. You will also need to deliver reports on compliance and AML to the board and Head of Legal, maintain and update the compliance programme and deliver and drive a Data Protection project in line with legislative changes. You will need ensure the Business complies with all legal and regulatory requirements including but not limited to:
- Anti-Money laundering
- Data Protection and Privacy
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Modern Slavery act
- Competition Law
To be considered for this role you must:
- Be a legal or Compliance Professional, either solicitor or compliance qualification (Compliance Institute - CISI etc). Post degree educated calibre individual.
- Working knowledge of UK and EU data protection legislation (including GDPR).
- Experience in Information Governance, Data Protection and regulatory projects
- Strong communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organisation.
- Proven experience of leading second line regulatory change support to the first line.
- Have relevant and recent experience and knowledge of best in class Compliance Management processes.
- Have the ability to apply compliance knowledge and theory to "every-day" issues, including the identification of risks and control weaknesses.
- Draft and execute a Compliance programme.
- Have senior leader interaction skills.
- Have the ability to dual report to the Head of Legal and Company Secretary and the Chair of the Audit Committee.
- Senior level influencing skills.
- Senior level people management.
- Senior level problem solving.
- Senior level commercial awareness.
- Project management skills.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.