Purchase Ledger Clerk
An experienced purchase ledger clerk required to join an established finance team within a successful and growing organisation.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the finance manager you will be expected to maintain the purchase ledger in order to pay suppliers within agreed payment terms.
Other duties include:
- Input invoices on to the purchase ledger system.
- Maintain the unmatched invoice register including chasing outstanding order numbers.
- Liaise with all departments to ensure that all invoices are dealt with in line with audit requirements and within a reasonable time scale.
- Ensure that invoices have the appropriate authorisation prior to payment, which may include signatures, matching to orders and delivery tickets.
- Manage purchase ledger queries from suppliers and staff in a professional and timely manner.
- Regular review of outstanding purchase orders and invoices.
- Processing payment runs.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Complete control documentation to update the ledger with new suppliers and amendment to existing supplier details.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who has good interpersonal and communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and good time management with ability to hit deadlines. You will be a confident purchase ledger clerk who has experience of managing a range of purchase ledger duties.
Commutable from: Aldershot, Alton, Ascot, Bagshot, Basingstoke, Bordon, Bracknell, Camberley, Cobham, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Godalming, Guildford, Hook, Woking, Wokingham and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)