Procurement Manager (Generalist)
My client are a leading local authority looking to recruit a procurement manager. They are looking for a generalist who will ultimately be reporting into the Head of Procurement.
- Ensure best value outcomes for participating institutions in the acquisition of services;
- Act as procurement expert whilst providing advice and guidance to all key individuals in purchasing and contracting on behalf of their organisation;
- Lead complex procurement activities, ensuring that is compliant and risk mitigation;
- Design, develop and execute sourcing strategies and contracting plans for a diverse range of services;
- Develop a strategic category management approach for the larger areas of more complex expenditure;
- Develop a robust and sustainable procurement strategy, including the tools and processes for exceptional supplier relationship management, policies and guidance, ensuring fit for purpose and value for money.
The ideal candidate will be proven in the area of category management within complex organisations. They will be MCIPS qualified and be entirely comfortable in assisting and supporting stakeholders with the design and development of sourcing strategy. The successful applicant will also be dynamic and versatile, aiding their adaptation to difficult scenarios. A high level of personal integrity is necessary as you will be personally accountable for delivering the most effective outcome.