Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our financial team to account for housing development projects, based in our Southgate, North London office. You will manage one accounting assistant, and be responsible for capitalising salaries, capitalising interests, work in progress coding reconciliation, accruals for certified work and retention.
You will also work closely with the tax accountant to ensure the tax treatment on the development schemes is compliant and efficient.
We are looking for a fully qualified accountant, with experience in accounting for capital projects and who also has knowledge of the housing sector and Pamwin or similar software.
About the role:
- Lead by example in relation to adhering to business standards associated with core business disciplines.
- Provide the team with professional advice and guidance and managerial support so that they achieve their objectives with confidence and within a supportive management framework.
- Encourage people to work with and learn from each other.
- Regularly evaluate alternative ways of working to deliver sustained efficiency savings, where possible.
- Manage business risks on a day to day basis.
- Support the provision of a comprehensive and cohesive financial advice and support service to a designated customer base.
- Assist with the preparation of business plans and budgets.
- Prepare management accounts.
- Participate in the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Monitoring budgets and producing budget information and reports for business managers; supporting managers to identify variances and assist in the forecasting process.
- Ensure all income and expenditure is recorded correctly in the accounts and in line with the approved budget to enable the production of accurate and timely accounts.
- Ensure that all reconciliations are up to date.
- Prepare other performance management information, as required.
- Provide accountancy support for ad-hoc projects.
- Support the audit process, preparing audit files.
What we`re looking for from you:
- A CCAB, CIMA or Overseas equivalent qualified accountant. Exceptions will be given to suitably part qualified accountant with relevant experience.
- A competent team leader and task supervisor, with the ability to inspire teams to achieve the very best through instilling a performance management culture.
- An excellent communicator to your customer audience, presenting financial data in a user-friendly manner.
- A strong commitment to customer service and overall service excellence.
- Demonstrable experience of business planning and budgeting.
- An appreciation of how social housing / regeneration / care and support providers are funded.
** Shortlisting for this role will take place on 24th April **
** Interviews will take place on 8th May **
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!