Project Manager - Bespoke events and Venues
Excellent Project Manager who loves events but not so keen on the hospitality side? Bags of client management experience? Then show off your creative flair to wow clients and make their event truly extraordinary!
You'll be part of an exclusive event florist on the preferred supplier list for every London venue and event caterer you can think of. Based in Windsor but operating across greater London, they design creative, imaginative and beautiful flowers, individually designed to reflect each client's image, style and budget. They're also a trusted supplier to elite businesses and private clients because their ethos is 'we're only as good as our last job', keeping their feet firmly on the ground and ready to delight and amaze both new and existing clients.
You don't need to be a floral expert to be an amazing Project Manager, (although it'll help if you love flowers and you must be creative) but you must be a fast learner - it's hard to be a great Project Manager until you know everything! You preferably have experience in London venues, and you'll be expected to see your jobs installed at venues in London after 6pm. Not every night, but the more you do this the more successful you will be!
Your new boss is flipping busy, so she hasn't got time to micro-manage! You use your initiative and work well autonomously, but love collaboration - there's a lot of idea sharing, sketching and scribbling...it's what creatives do, right?!
To succeed you will:
- Bring your client account management experience: your experience on the supplier or venue side means you know the value of building lasting relationships with clients, understanding their unique requirements. As Project Manager, you'll regularly complete private or venue site visits in London and be there at the start of events, ensuring clients are totally happy.
- Listen to your clients: handle enquiries and turn them into confirmed business, including creating proposals, refining these through discussions and re-quotes until the job is confirmed, and then writing up job confirmations including every detail about the client, the venue, colour scheme, themes etc. Every client is different and you'll create genuine, human connections with everyone you meet.
- Thrive when working at warp-speed: you cope easily with shifting priorities and juggling that 'to do' list - multi-tasking is second nature to you and you'll be a capable 2nd in command.
- Lead by example: Allow your obsessive attention to detail to guide everything you do (but at warp-speed, remember), helping the 2 Junior team members to learn how it's done
- Accelerate your career as fast as you can handle: You love learning and approach everything with an open mind. It's a private company, so no red tape here - they're growing fast and you'll get out exactly what you put in, carving out your own path. Ideally, you'll take your bosses job soon, so she can keep growing within the company too!
So apply now! Write 'I'm a HUMAN Event Project Manager!' in your cover email - I want to know you read the whole advert J
Dig out your passport - you've gotta be able to work in the UK.