Full Address: Woodlands School, Forty Foot Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 8RY
Exact working hours: 1265 per annum
Any further details: Interview Date: 23rd and 24th May 2017
About the Role
Woodlands School is seeking to appoint a new Headteacher, following the retirement of the current post holder, for 1st September 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Woodlands is an outstanding special school for students aged 2-19. Our school cohort encompasses all Key Stages from EYFS to KS5. Our pupils have severe learning difficulties, autistic spectrum disorders and/or profound multiple learning difficulties. The governors are keen to appoint someone who can take the school forward from outstanding to achieve even greater things.
Our school has a strong culture of providing a nurturing, aspirational learning environment where everyone feels valued. Staff are well supported and their continuous professional development is strongly encouraged. We also place substantial importance and value on engagement with our parents and carers.
If you share our passion to deliver positive outcomes that continually transform the future of vulnerable children, this is your chance to make a real and lasting difference.
Our next Head will:
- Be inspirational and innovative
- Enjoy and thrive working with children and young people with disabilities
- Be able to deal with the current and future challenges facing schools
- Be able to think strategically with the vision and commitment to build on the existing exciting developments within the school and to forge new paths to achieve even greater things
- Have an empathetic understanding of how children and young people with complex needs learn
- Be keen to embrace evidence based methods of learning
- Share a commitment to support a total communication environment
- Have an extensive understanding, experience and a record of accomplishment of success in managing all aspects of safeguarding children and staff
In return we offer:
- A strong partnership with a knowledgeable and supportive board of governors, all of whom are committed to your ongoing professional development
- A highly-skilled, professional, and motivated staff team
- Parents and carers who welcome partnership and share our high expectations
- Collaborative working practice with a wide range of stakeholders
- An innovative, bespoke curriculum with high aspirations for all
Job start: September 2017
Closing date: Monday 8th May 2017
Shortlisting date: Thursday 11th May 2017
Interview date: Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th May 2017
For more information, please visit our website at to make an appointment.
Please note that this vacancy is not part of Surrey County Council, we are advertising this on behalf of a partnership organisation.
Woodlands School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.