Senior Treasury Analyst - Global Media Group
Our client is a global Media company based in Central London with offices throughout the UK and World. They are one of the most respected institutions for News and Entertainment.
Treasury is central to the management of key financial risks and the provision of appropriate liquidity and banking services in a complex range of areas and geographies. This role leads the treasury operations and business support team for the whole group including the Commercial businesses.
Key role purpose of the Treasury Analyst is:
- Undertaking all aspects of FX, credit risk and interest rate management including treasury dealing
- Investment management
- Bank Account Management
- Other aspects of treasury operations
Treasury & Cash Management
Risk and cash Management
- Development and maintenance of strong working relationships with divisional finance teams as required and Commercial businesses in relation to treasury activities
- To ensure that group’s cash and liquidity is managed efficiently within policy
o Liaise with divisions and Steria to ascertain short and medium term cash, payment forecasts and FX positions via cash forecasts and other means
o Maintain Worldwide’s cash balances below maximum level deemed appropriate, subject to change from time to time
o Produce and maintain group actual cash analysis and short/medium term daily cash forecasts
o Management and reporting of intercompany loans
o Management of external loan facilities drawdown
- Monitor, analyse, manage and report on financial risk exposures within policy
o Liaise closely to identify foreign exchange requirements
o Implementation of FX hedging and FX conversion strategies by buying and selling foreign currency
o Monitor and manage credit risk positions with financial counterparties to ensure compliance with policy. Report exceptions to Group Treasurer.
- Assist in the completion and regular review of treasury documentation with trading counterparts (i.e. ISDAs, MIFID).
Treasury Operations including Bank Account Management
- Close liaison with Treasury back office team re Treasury activities and Steria re cash forecasts
- Liaise to ascertain cash, funding needs, payment forecasts and FX positions
- Responsible for Treasury and central accounts opening and closing through BAM processes.
- Provide advice on banking to various Commercial businesses.
Innovation and change
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate Treasury Technology solutions and associated processes to meet its risk management, operational, business development and control requirements
- Support the development of appropriate Treasury forecasting and reporting
- Assist the Head of Operations in the;
o Development and maintenance of SWIFT structures and interfaces
o Development of relationships with Swift Service Provider
o Relationships with the treasury system and data suppliers including Wallstreet, Bloomberg, My Treasury, 360T and Kyriba.