Senior Buyer - Indirect - Automotive
Senior Indirect Buyer Opportunity - Coventry - Up to c. £46,000
Senior Indirect Buyer required by world renowned luxury automotive OEM. Are you looking for a new procurement challenge? Wish to join a new and expanding indirect procurement team? This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior Indirect Buyer to join this iconic and prestigious global automotive brand at one of the most exciting times in this organisation's history with significant investment in new production facilities, new vehicle programmes and growth across all areas of the business.
In an exciting and challenging senior indirect purchasing role you will be part of a team bringing on line a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, taking responsibility for the leadership and development of an indirects team procuring a defined range of facilities, you will work with a range of suppliers, developing procurement procedures and objectives, focusing on securing strong commercial terms and excellent quality and delivery service levels from your supply base. You will also be accountable for identifying and delivering cost optimisation opportunities within the supply chain.
- Proven experience of procurement and complex negotiating expertise within a purchasing or other relevant commercial environment.
- Understanding of the strategic role of the indirect purchasing function and ability to work at this level.
- Strong project management, business acumen and analytical skills would be desirable, along with previous experience of working with suppliers and improving these relationships.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally educated to Degree level with CIPS, or at least working towards this.
- Full driving licence and be prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require.
In return for your procurement experience, you will have the opportunity to join one of the world's most respected automotive brands, further your career with a world-class procurement team, be part of a truly special working environment - fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic - interested? Please forward your latest CV to or contact Lisa directly on .
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.